Sunday, January 08, 2006




I am 31 years old and got drunk for the very first time in my life this evening. Well, I guess to your more experienced drinkers, I was simply very tipsy on the verge of being drunk but to me, I was a goner.

While making dinner,
Renzo decided that we should have margaritas (or were they daiquiris? I can never remember which one is rum and which one is tequila). I had 2 1/2 of them! Now, again, to you veteran drinkers, this is no big deal. But I am basically an alcohol virgin. I have 1 drink a year at Christmas (usually Bailey's and milk). I also hadn't eaten all day and with all my meds, drinking was probably a bad idea.

Well, I started laughing and couldn't stop. I was laughing so hard, I had tears rolling down my face. I was laughing so hard, that I could no longer breathe. I was laughing so hard that I had to lie down right there on the kitchen floor because my sides hurt so much. This went on for about an hour (or at least it felt that way). Poor Ren and Mike thought I was going to die as I was turning all sorts of colours from laughing and not breathing. Then, finally, the feeling passed and suddenly I was very sleepy. Now of course it is 2 a.m. and I am wide awake, no longer on a tequila high, with very sore ribs.


If this is what all the fuss is about, you can keep it! I would rather stick to my glass of Canada Dry.

1 Comment:

  1. Renzo said...
    First off, Margarita is Tequila and Daiquiri is Rum. Second off - you make a funny drunk!

Post a Comment