Sunday, May 07, 2006

...Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 49??

Bazil turned 49 today (that is 7 for the un-dog-informed). She was spoiled with an afternoon at the doggy spa and feasted upon a dinner of veal paupettes and rice with Rainbow Chip Cupcakes for dessert.

According to the experts, she has entered her Senior years. But I think someone forgot to tell her that. If we would let her, she would play ball 24/7, with perhaps the odd break to dig in the mud or chase the rabbits in the garden. She even runs in her dreams.

I wonder who it was that decided that 7 is the start of Seniorhood? Did they just convert the age to human years? Or was there a specific reason that 7 is considered over the hill? Jack Russell Terriers can live to 14 or older, so that is an awful long time to be considered a senior citizen. Maybe I should have bought her a walker for her birthday instead of a box of tennis balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment