Sunday, October 29, 2006



Normally the Polkaroo house doesn't partake in Halloween festivities. Mike, being almost 18, has outgrown it and as there are no little Renzo's and Stephy's running around, there really isn't a reason for us to join in on the fun. However this year, I foolishly decided that we would celebrate the holiday of Ghouls and Candy, along with the other loons in 'Roo-ville.

I thought that this would only mean giving out candy and perhaps some yard decorations. Oh and of course I would have to embarrass the pups by making them wear costumes. Apparently The Boy had other ideas. "If we are doing Halloween, then we have to have a Jack O'Latern!"

Yes, a carved pumpkin. Can't just put pumpkins on the front step. No way Jose! My man has to have carved pumpkins. The one thing I hate about Halloween. Ok, I don't hate carved pumpkins. I hate carving pumpkins.

Not just any old carved pumpkins either. He spends the afternoon surfing the internets for templates of Jack O'Laterns. He eagerly runs downstairs and prepares the table for the carving fun. The pumpkins are marked with the patterns and out comes the Dremel tool. The carving begins. He gets as far as the nose of the first pumpkin. "Loverbunny, I'm no good at this. Here you do it!"

Yes folks, I got stuck with the carving. Two hours of carving. Remind me next year to keep my big mouth shut.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment