Friday, July 10, 2009


These days, it seems like the pain and fatigue are never ending. I found myself starting to spiral into the murky depths of the RA blues so I decided to start celebrating the little things in my life...

My hips, knees and hands are in agony but,
my elbows and shoulders have been pain free for 2 weeks now!

My hips make sitting or walking for long periods difficult but,
I am still able to walk my beloved pups around the block most evenings!
(Albeit slower than they would like)

Some days it seems like I spend more time asleep than awake but,
my naps are usually accompanied by a warm furry JRT nuzzled by my side!

And the biggest little thing of all...
The MTX has turned me into a hair shedding, nail losing zombie but,
it has enabled me to enjoy a small scoop of ice cream again!

Life with RA and MCS (or any chronic affliction) can sometimes feel like it's too much for you to handle. The exhaustion can be more painful than the disease it self. Losing the ability to perform even the most basic tasks unassisted is mentally heartbreaking but try to remember the little things. Because, really they are the most important things of all.

1 Comment:

  1. RA Guy said...
    I hope you feel better soon! Happy to hear that least a few joints have improved.

    I know the feeling of being overwhelmed, and wishing that ALL the joints would get better - but don't forgot the by piecing together one small victory after another small victory, things do indeed move forward.

Post a Comment