Friday, November 20, 2009


Everyone should take the time to listen to the stories of other RA patients posted on the NY Times Health pages. I can relate to all of them and found myself saying, "Yep. Been there!" to just about everything that was discussed.

RA sufferers don't often talk about their disease. And we should. Otherwise, we will never get the world to understand. Sometimes those closest to us, just don't want to hear us "complain" anymore, and they stop listening.

I encourage all families of RA sufferers to listen to these stories. Perhaps if you hear it coming from a stranger rather than someone you love, you will be able to really hear it.



1 Comment:

  1. Mandy said...
    Thanks for linking to this, it's really helped my sister-in-law have some understanding. Lately I feel like I could write a book on sleep and RA! After using a ChiliPad to help with my RA symptoms I decided to work with ChiliTechnology to promote it. The ChiliPad is a mattress pad that cools (or heats) any bed. They come in all sizes, they work using water, and they're small and efficient. I used to take Lyrica because the pain in my hips would keep me up at night, and I wasn't able to do much with my mornings because of the stiffness. After playing around with the temperature I finally found a way to sleep through the night: heating up the bed a bit and then setting the timer to cool it down in the few hours before dawn is what works for me, I both sleep through the night and am able to do more with my mornings.

Post a Comment